The Ontario Ministry of Labour (MOL) has released its safety blitz schedule for the 2012-2013 fiscal year.
The blitzes are part of the Safe At Work Ontario‘s strategy, which are set into place to help improve the health and safety of the workplace environment. The Ministry believe that workplace injuries and fatalities can be attributed to a few root causes which vary by sector. By knowing the causes, they are able to regulate government compliance and safety regulations effectively.
After the inspection, the sectors are tracked closely to determine if past blitzes have had a lasting result and if the number of workplace incidents have gone down. The objective is to not only raise awareness and enforce safety standards, but also to lift a burden off the health care industry.
This Year’s Scheduled Safety Blitzes For the Industrial Sectors Are:
- New and Young Worker – Farming, service, logging sectors.
May – August 2012
- Manufacturing – machine guarding, MSD, workplace violence.
October – November 2012
- Slips, Trips and Falls – ladder safety and fall protection hazards.
February – March 2013
- See the AZM300 Solenoid Interlock from Schmersal in Action! [Video] - July 11, 2014
- 6 Ways the ProducTVity Station™ from Red Lion Generates Significant Value - June 27, 2014
- Get High Detection Accuracy with OsiSense XX Reflex Sensors from Telemecanique - June 13, 2014
- Schmersal’s AZM300 is More than Just a Solenoid Interlock - May 27, 2014
- RD2 Series Gearbox from Nabtesco - May 15, 2014
- Realize a High Return on Investment with the ProducTVity Station™ from Red Lion - April 30, 2014
- Easily Convert Pneumatic to Electric with Thomson’s New PC-Series™ Precision Linear Actuators - April 16, 2014
- IP65 SmartMotor™ from Animatics - March 26, 2014
- New from ROSS: M DM2® Pneumatic Safety Exhaust Valve - March 14, 2014
- New Linear Displacement Transducers from GEMCO - February 28, 2014