The Ontario Ministry of Labour (MOL) has released its safety blitz schedule for the 2012-2013 fiscal year.
The blitzes are part of the Safe At Work Ontario‘s strategy, which are set into place to help improve the health and safety of the workplace environment. The Ministry believe that workplace injuries and fatalities can be attributed to a few root causes which vary by sector. By knowing the causes, they are able to regulate government compliance and safety regulations effectively.
After the inspection, the sectors are tracked closely to determine if past blitzes have had a lasting result and if the number of workplace incidents have gone down. The objective is to not only raise awareness and enforce safety standards, but also to lift a burden off the health care industry.
This Year’s Scheduled Safety Blitzes For the Industrial Sectors Are:
- New and Young Worker – Farming, service, logging sectors.
May – August 2012
- Manufacturing – machine guarding, MSD, workplace violence.
October – November 2012
- Slips, Trips and Falls – ladder safety and fall protection hazards.
February – March 2013
- New! ROSS Controls Launches 95 Series - December 5, 2014
- New! AMETEK’s Smart ReadyLink EtherNet/IP Linear Displacement Transducer Line - November 5, 2014
- PRK 18B Retro-Reflective Photoelectric Sensors from Leuze Electronic [Video] - October 24, 2014
- See How the OsiSense XX Reflex Sensor is Suited for Any Conveying Application [Video] - September 12, 2014
- Isolate Vibration with the New ACEolators from Ace Controls - August 25, 2014
- Announcement: IS Specification Guide from Pepperl+Fuchs - August 14, 2014
- New Manufacturer Announcement: Lin Engineering - July 31, 2014
- See the AZM300 Solenoid Interlock from Schmersal in Action! [Video] - July 11, 2014
- 6 Ways the ProducTVity Station™ from Red Lion Generates Significant Value - June 27, 2014
- Get High Detection Accuracy with OsiSense XX Reflex Sensors from Telemecanique - June 13, 2014